Getting the word out to conference participants about the sustainable initiatives being done on their behalf is a step that is often missed. Using the conference website, emails and social media are the traditional delivery methods, but there is another…providing this information to a captive audience on the big screen.
Last week, the BSR 2013 Conference organizers served up a helping of fresh data with their meals. That’s right, as guests entered lunch and were served, the screens on either side of the stage scrolled through the following facts:
- Food served during this event is 90% local or organic. Over 15 different local farms have been used.
- Fair trade, organic coffee has been served throughout the conference.
- No disposable coffee cups were used saving 112 lbs of waste from the landfill each day of the conference.
- Individual bottled water has been eliminated saving enough energy each day to run an American household for 1360 hours.
- By minimizing meat selections in meals, 200,000 gallons of water have been saved.
- Food waste and kitchen scraps have been composted. Last month, the Hyatt San Francisco composted 3,983 lbs. diverting food waste out of the landfill.
An easy-to-digest opportunity to share information with 1,000 guests who will appreciate knowing the facts.
Data provided by MeetGreen