IMEX America continues to raise the bar for event sustainability. Through its integrated planning model and long-term approach, IMEX America embeds green practices across all core functional areas, vendors and business partners from contracting & procurement through post-event reporting. This is no easy feat for a 12K+ attendee hosted-buyer tradeshow held annually at the Sands Expo Convention Center in Las Vegas.
In its 7th year collaborating as a sustainability implementation partner for IMEX America, MeetGreen produced a post-event sustainability report highlighting key environmental footprint components, donations, and CSR metrics for the conference.
Here are a few sustainability highlights from IMEX America 2017:
- 87% of Sands Expo waste stream diverted from landfill.
- Only 2% of show graphics were sent to the landfill.
- 3,263 pounds of food were donated which was transformed into 2,719 meals.
- 1,420 pounds of Exhibit Hall furniture was captured and donated to Project 4 Humanity.
- For the first time ever, IMEX America was able to source 100% recycled content show carpet. Through careful management during installation and removal, 90% of entire show carpet was returned for future reuse or recycled!
IMEX America has fully embraced its role as THE leader and change agent within the events industry and helps drive innovation and win-win solutions across its stakeholders.
Please take a moment to read through this year’s Sustainability Report for a snapshot of this influential event in action.