Then look no further. The UUA General Assembly has just published it’s 2014 Event Sustainability Report and it is another successful year for the planning team of Jan Sneegas, Don Plante, Steve Ransom and Stacey Dixon.
Highlights from this year’s event include:
- Converting the Convention Center to 100% compostable serviceware for all concesions and catering during the General Assembly.
- Expanding the the recycling and composting programs at the Rhode Island Convention Center to include co-mingled recyclables and front of house food and serviceware. The Dunkin Donuts Center offered composting for the first time.
- Record-high contributions toward a carbon offset project.
- 100% of exhibitors signed sustainability Terms and Conditions for their booths.
- Hotel worker solidarity was an important issue as the UUA canceled contracts with two local hotels due to outstanding labor issues.
and the list goes on.
The planning team would tell you they didn’t get there overnight or without the help of their vendors, volunteers and participants. To help you along the way, they have shared a “road map” in the form of all past case studies posted on this website (scroll down for the past reports). They share openly about their challenges, opportunities and successes. Take a few moments to learn from the best.
2015 will find the UUA General Assembly in Portland, Oregon. The team is already meeting with the city, convention center, hotels and vendors to make sure sustainable practices are in place. Keep watching!