Let’s see, perhaps we can…
- Serve beverages in pitchers like lemonade instead of individual soft drinks
- Reduce the size of our program
- Eliminate the conference bag
- Meet in a location that doesn’t require shuttle service
- Offer a virtual option for speakers and participants
- Provide one vegetarian meal per day
- Ask exhibitors not to bring handouts to reduce our garbage hauling
- Guarantee our food with close and accurate numbers
- Take advantage of the discounts hotel chains are offering if we run a green meeting
- and the list goes on!
What one thing can you easily accomplish in 2012 to save money on your events?