Venue Site Selection and Negotiation
Based on your organization’s needs, MeetGreen provides significant resources to locate meeting and housing sites worldwide. In our selection process, we are always looking to improve your bottom line and limit liability.
- Research viable conference sites including technology requirements and sustainable practices
- Send out Request for Proposals and manage the vetting process
- Recommend the best fit for your event
- Coordinate and manage onsite inspections
- Negotiate the best rates possible
- Advocate for contracts and environmentally responsible practice clauses
- Monitor and address risk management issues at meeting venues
- Rebate hotel commission based on your nightly housing room block
Value Add: Carbon Proximity Analysis We will analyze and share your attendees’ carbon proximity to the potential event destinations. This analysis considers the travel miles required based on the location of your attendees relative to the destination. This report provides information to lower the carbon footprint of an event.
Housing Selection and Management
Over the past several years, housing has changed drastically, with attendees increasingly booking accommodations online and outside the event’s room block. We use our resources and negotiation skills to provide the best package for our clients with the latest industry trends.
- Utilize room block formulas for housing negotiations
- Monitor attrition management by accurate forecasting of room block pickup
- Manage room blocks to maximize revenue
- Track group history
- Reconcile and report on final housing numbers
Vendor Selection and Negotiation
Negotiating contracts can be a daunting component of conference planning. MeetGreen advocates to ensure your best interests are represented in the event’s contracts. We understand the prevalent industry issues and counsel you, not as legal advisers, but as your expert champion.
Vendors include: audiovisual providers, general services contractors, decorators, caterers, convention centers, hotels, transportation companies, and event technology companies.
- Create and send out Requests for Proposals (RFPs) to potential vendors
- Manage feedback and send the client an executive summary with recommendations
- Negotiate contracts and environmentally responsible practices clauses
- Negotiate to improve your bottom line and limit liability
Your time should be spent furthering the organization’s mission. We will handle the logistics. Our seasoned event managers specialize in juggling multiple vendors and keeping even the most logistically complicated day running smoothly.
- Manage meeting space coordination, including meeting room set up and space requests
- Source and serve as the liaison to third-party vendors for:
- Other logistics-related services
- Develop a detailed Production Guide, a master plan for the event that communicates each onsite moment’s specific details and needs to the vendors
- Arrange conference shipping and receiving
- Manage and monitor food & beverage needs within the budget
- Develop, order, and handle onsite signage
- Ensure implementation of sustainable event requirements
- Manage sponsor fulfillment
- Handle all extracurricular meeting requests and special events
Food & Beverage
The attendee’s experience is paramount in the selection of food and beverage. The demographics of the audience should play a large role in the decision-making process. We understand the needs of international attendees, faith-based preferences, and environmentally responsible choices.
Menu design and selection, budget parameters, and the conference’s general flow all play into the final selections. Our formulas for guaranteeing actual numbers for meal functions have been developed over the company’s history and ensure that–while everyone is fed, the waste is kept to a minimum.
- Work with the caterer to make the best menu choices according to the group’s preferences
- Manage food & beverage needs within the scope of the budget. Complete all ordering and receive final approval
- Provide food & beverage guarantees to minimize food waste and improve your bottom line
- Work with the caterer to arrange for any leftover food to be donated
MeetGreen has extensive experience in exhibit management, which can often be a significant source of income for your event. We can provide expertise with recruitment techniques, tracking mechanisms, show decorator management, exhibitor kit development, and onsite management of exhibits.
- Develop floor plan with the decorator
- Plan exhibitor load-in and load-out schedule
- Coordinate exhibitor correspondence
- Provide lead retrieval for exhibitors
- Coordinate room layout and setup, including AV, staging, and lighting
Sustainability Guideline Integration
As a part of how MeetGreen does business, we integrate sustainable event strategies into all our services and submit a final case study tracking implemented changes. We will guide our clients throughout all the stages of the event to reduce the meeting’s environmental footprint. This all comes at no additional cost.
- Survey hotels and other vendors in the request for proposal process to ascertain their sustainability practices
- Provide contract language with measurement requirements as appropriate to ensure implementation by vendors
- Negotiate and work with vendors to implement strategies
- Advise client of practices that may be employed to reduce meeting impacts
- Track all measurement requirements and collect data
- Provide final environmental report using the comprehensive MeetGreen® Calculator
Conference Materials Management
Little is as important to your attendees as knowing the who, what, when, and where details of your event. Whether that’s a conference app, website, or graphic materials, we provide clear cut communication with an eye for detail.
- Collect sponsor ads and logos
- Provide content information, including schedule, speakers bios, and abstracts
- Edit and review final copy for accuracy as needed
- Suggest and source environmentally friendly alternatives for signage
When you need to move large groups of people efficiently while staying within budget and minimizing your impact on the planet, look no further than the experts at MeetGreen. We work closely with your transportation vendor to develop a foolproof and distinctive plan just for your event.
- Obtain proposals and negotiate contracts with transportation companies
- Carefully analyze routing and ridership to save money
- Manage transportation for the event, including daily bus service between the hotels and the convention center
- Work with the selected transportation vendor to establish schedules for transportation to all events
- Provide onsite management of attendee logistics during the event
- Coordinate with the local public transit system to ensure the transit system schedule is prepared to handle event attendees
- Provide detailed reports and statistics weekly or as requested
Safety and Emergency Response Planning
Participants’ safety and security is a crucial component to organizing an event, especially as we meet during a pandemic. Safety protocols must be in place and strictly adhered to by everyone at the event. MeetGreen has a COVID Safety Expert on staff for planning before, during, and after the event.
Our customized emergency response planning services will provide guidance and information to key logistical staff about the steps to prepare for and follow in case of an emergency. The plan will address emergency response procedures and a specific protocol for the Emergency Response Team to quickly respond to medical, human-cause, or nature-caused emergencies.
Emergency Response Planning Services
Our dedicated team of personnel, working in tandem with the latest technology, will produce an outstanding event. Event personnel includes:
- Exhibit labor
- Audiovisual techs
- First aid
- Registration staff
- Temporary staff
- Convention center
- Catering personnel
Managing this intricate dance requires leadership skills and logistical details. MeetGreen team members have a strong background in managing diverse teams to ensure a seamless choreography: the success of your conference.
- Liaison with facility personnel and suppliers.
- Manage vendor services, including decorator, caterer, audiovisual, internet, security, and transportation companies, to ensure successful operations
- Oversee temporary staffing
- Manage and staff registration and information desks
- Oversee freight management for the management team
- Manage signage in a timely manner
- Confirm all meeting room layouts, audiovisual and internet are available and correct
- Design signage to meet instructional, directional, and environmental requirements
- Develop and coordinate special events
- Develop special off-site educational programs